Monday, June 18, 2012

Crappy first song writing attempt

After 20 years of trying to write song lyrics in my head I finally came up with something I kind of like. That's not to say its not awful because it is, I'm just happy I woke up from a drunken haze and actually remembered something I was writing in my head. I wish I knew some chords to go with it but I've been listening to Glen Hansard and Counting Crows and I can imagine them playing something like this. So here is my very lame foray into writing song lyrics with "You Were Always Meant to Break my Heart".
I knew it from the first day The first time you smiled at me
That I was in for a ride that was gonna end badly but I had to just close my eyes and buckle up
Know matter how good things got I made sure my guard was always up
Cuz I know it right from the start......
Chorus
You were always meant to be the one to break my heart breaaaaaaak my heart
no matter how hard I tried to fight it there was no way to hide it
You were always meant to break my heart break my heart
and though I'll love you always I'll love you always until the day my soul departs you were always meant to break my heart break my heart
There's nothing more I could have said There's nothing more I could have done
We shared a lot of laughs and cried a lot of tears but I was never gonna be someone you thought about when you closed your eyes Now I'm left with no regrets cause I kneww where we were headed right from the start
Chorus
You were always meant to break breakkkkk my heart No matter how tried to fight it there was no way to hide it you were always meant to break my heart and though I'll love you always I'll love you always until the day my soul departs you were always meant to break my heart to break my heart you were always meant to break my heart

So as you can see this totally blows but it's the first complete song I've ever written in my sleep so I had to get in on paper. I'm sure some garage band can turn this into two minutes of something. Thanks everybody for putting up with my awfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment