Saturday, June 30, 2012

15 Minute June Recap

June will be remembered as a month of great failure. I lasted ten days on the vegan thing, wrote 8 blogs instead of 30 and got out running a grand total of once. I learned my lesson in when it comes to making promises and grand declarations that's for sure. The only thing I did accomplish this month was plowing through all 100 plus episodes of Dawson's Creek which got me nothing but dirty looks and a record number of questions regarding my sexuality. While I'll be the first to admit it was not the best usage of my time, it took me back to my youth and made me love and cry an equal number of times.

I have always seen myself as a Dawson Leery a smarter then everyone else in all matters other then those relating to his real life and an endless dreamer who masquerades as a melodramatic pessimist. Someone who inspires everyone around him other than himself and someone who is a great friend that never ends up with the girl. I have grown contend to live this existence as long as it comes with great days, memories loves and lost. That was my take away from the month that it was ok to be Dawson Leery my favorite fictional punching bag for the last decade. Like I said it was a slow month would more to want from me?

July on the other hand holds great promise. We stand 72 hours away from the first fully attended family vacation in over a decade which will supply me with endless stories and nightmares. I am scheduled to work 11 days in July, more than I have at any point over the last two years. I'll be back home in the gym teaching the game I love and sharing my great life tales with over 500 poor young souls over the next three weeks. I'll be trying my hardest to break out of the Wachusett shell and show off my coaching skills on the college level for the first time which is awesome. I will continue to try to keep from drifting apart from friends and reconnecting with old ones. In short I cannot promise you anything for July other than saying it sure as hell won't be boring!   

No comments:

Post a Comment