Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Long winded randomness

I've been really slacking on the writing lately while trying to get motivated to finally gain employment. I setup an interview for tomorrow to knock the rust off a little bit and get my face back out there. The lucky company is a marketing agency in Auburn that only sells large knives over the phone. I don't even want to know the kind of people that buy kitchen knives over the phone and would be fired within a week at a commission based company so this is merely an excuse to dress up during the day. I'm doubling my efforts to find something before my birthday so this is a start and should at least make for some good stories. I have so many things to talk about so let's not waste any more time on my lame attempts at professional life.
 
   Sunday was a great day and when that I will remember forever. I've had a chance to attend some great event live but the 2012 AFC Championship game goes right to the top of the list. In the seven minutes that followed Brandon Spikes interception I think I jumped out my chair four times and thought my head was going to explode another three. I look forward to watching an upcoming replay of the game on NFL Network to try to remember everything that happened but Cundiff's kick was in our end zone and I still can't believe he missed it. I've been surprised with the lack of attention Sterling Moore's strip has gotten if the Patriots go on to win the Super Bowl it should join David Roberts steal and Vinateri's field goals as iconic moments of this era of Boston sports. That play was directly in front of me and I thought the season was over other guys had good games but Sterling Moore was the hero of that game.

  I also have to acknowledge Colleen McGourty for making the Patriots run through the playoffs special. Everyone was have ever gone anywhere with me knows it's a lot of work and I can be a handful. In this game alone she put up with pregame vomiting, my fuzzy eating and the never ending trips to the bathroom. I have great friends and family to put with all of that and I always appreciate it. It was a long day and she managed to keep smiling which is no small feat when someone is in my company.
  It's day two of thirteen days of Super Bowl hype and I'm already bored of it. I'll preview the game at a later date but kudos to the Giants for managing to shut down Twitter after their win and continuing to shatter ratings records. I fully expect next weekend's game to be the most watched Super Bowl in history. I'm also calling out Jackson Crockett in writing for flying during the game and foolishly trying to avoid the score until Monday night. It did not work on "How I Met Your Mother" and has no chance of working in the real word.

  Shame on the Orlando Magic for scoring 57 points against the Celtics last night when they were missing Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo. It is performances like that they make people hate the NBA. It is the only sport where team give phone in games routinely during the season. If I was coaching I would have booted the starters to the locker room after the third quarter or least gotten into someone's face. I don't think it means much for the Celtics who are still fatally flawed but guys like Glenn Davis who care more about his welcome video then the game do major damage to the league.

  College basketball polls need to be abolished. They serve no purpose what so ever and provide casual viewers no real idea of where a team would be seeded in the tournament. Undefeated Murray State is currently #9 and would be an underdog against at least 30 teams on a neutral court. There is no world that exist where Missouri is the second best team in the country and Harvard should not be ranked in any poll ever. It's not football we don't need polls it's time to get rid of them.

 Tim Thomas if I went to a Bush inauguration you can go to the White House. The less I know about your personal politics the better. By skipping the event you made the day about you and not the team's accomplishments. Keeping playing well and don't hurt yourself in the silly All-Star pickup game. It's hard to believe they've dominated for long stretches this year and are still behind the Rangers in the conference standings.

 Calling all high school athletics directors in seven "formal" years on the staff at Wachusett the team has made the playoffs each year. One coach hired from this staff has turned around what was the worst program in the city. Coach Gibbons and Coach Dion have a proven system I have mastered and can win with. The team looks poised to make another deep playoff run again this year someone give me a one year shot at this so I can other things in my life.

I'll stop the rambling here and I'll be back soon maybe as a knife salesman. Happy 30th wedding anniversary to my parents, no one saw that coming. (kidding) Everyone have a great week and if you find grammar errors send them to @mattodeez he's the only one who gives a shit:) 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment