Friday, December 16, 2011

Call it a Comeback

Just a few quick thoughts as we finish out a fairly quiet week here at headquarters (15 Inman Ave.)
-As I continue my stint is coaching purgatory I was treated to quite the game last night as the Wachusett Mountaineers rallied from eleven down at halftime to beat Doherty 61-57. The one thing I stressed during Wednesday's practice was how we had to play zone to win and coach wanted to save it until the second half. We played it in the second half and came back to win. I contest we should have started the game and blown them out but other way I need to start holding up flash cards at these games.
-Call me a Grinch but I can't wait for December and Christmas to be over. I suck at gift giving and receiving and even at the highly advance age of 27 I still find a way to be disappointed every Christmas morning.
-The NFL moved their entire Week 16 schedule to Saturday to avoid playing on Christmas Day. This combined with the NBA will drastically cut the over under on my "Christmas Story" viewing from the usual 6.5 to somewhere around 1.5
-The TD Garden ADA line is an epic fail as their inability to return calls or emails left be with midweek games against the Raptors and Bobcats this year. Jackson Crockett was going to the box office the same day I was on the phone with these idiots all afternoon. It's worth mentioning we talk on the phone every day and this never came up in any of our conversations. I think I need to attend a communication workshop in the near future.
-I'll be doing a NBA preview next week but my expectations for the Celtics are very low
-I will try and fail not to follow the Pats Game during my drive back from Plymouth and I may have to hide the remote to keep from using the fast forward button. This is a game I want to watch every play of
-Pumped for the season finale of "Homeland" Sunday its the best new show on TV if you don't have Showtime go out of your way to find it
-No one should ever got upset about award shows but the fact Brad Pitt and Moneyball has been nominated from everything so far makes me want to puke. It was the worst movie I saw in 2011 and the most overrated acting performance of all-time.
-Check back Monday for a weekend wrap and Pats-Broncos review 

No comments:

Post a Comment