Monday, March 26, 2012

Solo Adventure

There is so much stuff going on in my life right now and very little time to write about so I'm just going to ramble on for awhile. I'm going back to New York tomorrow to see my beloved UMASS Minutemen in the semifinals of the NIT. What makes this trip special is that I'll be traveling solo for the first. My parents are nervous and honestly quite upset with me but 28 seems like the right time to prove that I'm an adult. I'll be waking up at 5am packing, getting ready going to Boston on a 7:30am train and then catching a train from Boston to New York at 9:30am. It's going to be a boring morning for me and am spending a crazy amount of money but it feels great to do something for no other reason then I wanted to do it. I was also on a crazy high when I decided to do this from finally getting a job. I have to spend hours cramming for my insurance exam on April 9th but after passing that I will begin working for Aflac.

I'm still not convinced I can sell insurance but it's all commission so I have to learn quickly. After six years of looking when someone offers you a job you take and worry about the details later. It feels weird to be studying again but I've been good at cramming for test all my life so it's kind of fun to be doing it again. If you seeing me writing too much or hanging out on Twitter yell at me to study because I'm really good at putting it off.

It is sad to say goodbye to my Patriots tickets after eleven seasons. I've had been great memories at Gillette Stadium but its time to move on. The days are long and my body completely rejects cold weather at this point. I just couldn't live up to my half of the bargain, if I could have gotten a job years earlier I'd keep them for my kids but I've been hanging my Dad out to dry for far too long now.

My NCAA bracket was totally garbage again with my mother once again somehow in position to pull off an upset win. Nothing in the tournament has really surprised me and it has been void of any real drama. Kentucky should roll to the title without being seriously challenged next weekend as injuries and suspensions doomed biggest threats UNC and Syracuse. I feel great for coach Calipari but hope someone pushes his team to the buzzer and gives us one memorable game in the tournament.

Extremely excited to have Mad Men and Game of Thrones back on the air. Mad Men was decent last night and set the table nicely for the rest of the season. Lane Pryce remains the secret weapon of the show and was given some great moments in the second hour last night. Game of Thrones premieres this week and promises to be awesome so it's nice to having something to look forward to on Sundays again. I might even suffer through season two of the Killing depending on well my studying goes.

I wish I could write more and in much further detail but I have so much work to do today. I can't wait to tell you about my journey later in the week. It promises to be an adventure and it's great to see the Minutemen doing well again. I am also seeing Once on Broadway while I'm there which is one of my favorites movies and has some of my favorite songs so I'm really excited about it. I'm off to study and I'll be back to write when I return home Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment